How to choose a wallpaper design is a daunting task for home interior designers and other renovators. We help you solve this puzzle. Wallpaper designs for your home or office ascertain the personality of the person living in it and shows the purpose of the room as well. Hence it is very important to be able to choose the right wallpaper for the room.
Colours and patterns hit subconscious cords in our minds that communicate to us in volumes.
Hence the colours and the patterns should be carefully selected. Having said so, wallpapers are also a very personal aspect of interior design. Only the person who will live in the room will truly know the correct design for him or her. Printology Concept is a custom printing company that makes wallpapers in Mumbai. We have seen our customers get confused while choosing a design. Our endeavor is to let you decide the right choice for you since our wallpapers (When correctly installed) have a long life.
Once the road less taken, wallpapering has become increasingly common for the everyday homeowner. But if you’re new to the world of wallpaper, you’re probably wondering: What’s the best way to maneuver through the seemingly endless selections to best express your individuality?
Once you’ve made the commitment to wallpaper, there are a few style questions you need to answer:
Understanding how to choose a wallpaper design is priority.
Wallpaper to Match Room Style
First, consider the style of the room that you’re decorating:
- If it’s romantic, try delicate damasks and florals with fine lines in muted, pastel colors.
- If it’s casual, faux finishes such as beadboard and stucco are simple, casual options. Pairing beadboard wallpaper with organic, flowing floral designs also makes for an at-home, relaxed feel.
- If it’s contemporary/fashion forward, consider bold geometrics with high gloss and metallic accents. Large-scale and bold florals also make a high-fashion statement this year.
- If it’s traditional, check out intricate damasks and stripes, which coordinate perfectly with traditional furnishings and decor.
How You Will Use Wallpaper in the Room
Next, figure out how you plan to use the wallpaper in the room All styles don’t work in the same way. Here are the various options:
- Cover all four walls: A classic, simple stripe design hung horizontally on all four walls gives a fresh contemporary look. Large-scale and simple designs will not overwhelm a room but add a trendy twist.
- Feature one wall: Choose a dramatic, bold pattern to highlight an area of a room, such as behind a sofa or bed. Designs with a hint of metallic, mica, or gloss will give a classy, glamorous touch.
- Wallpaper with a chair rail: If you are working with a chair rail that divides a wall, it is easy to bring unique interest to it. For a classic look, try a textured wallpaper for under the chair rail. Above the chair rail, hang a large-scale floral or damask for an updated look. Another interesting way to work with a chair rail is to anchor the wall with a pattern below it, such as dramatic damask wallpaper, and paint a coordinating color above it. Adding wallpaper in this fashion creates a unique element of surprise not often seen in rooms.
- Add interest to the ceiling: Get the look of tin ceilings with squares design wallpaper. A classic metallic shade can easily achieve a Victorian-style tin ceiling look.
These are the basics of how to choose a wallpaper design for yourself. Home dwellers and interior decorators are free to get in touch with us for more tips. You can view our wallpaper collections here: Click Here